Veterans and Family Student Association


Getting Benefits Started

If you are active military, a veteran or a dependent and have not used VA educational benefits before at any institution of higher education, this is where you start.

The Office of Veterans Affairs, a unit within the Office of the Registrar, is located in 215 Oregon Hall, and helps eligible student veterans, reservists and dependents obtain educational benefits in compliance with the procedures and regulations of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Students may contact the Veterans Coordinator for assistance.

Contact the Office of Admissions for information about applying to the University of Oregon:

Office of Admissions
Campus location: 240 Oregon Hall (second floor)
Mailing address: 1217 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-1217
Telephone: (541) 346-3201

Contact the Office of Veterans Affairs if you are seeking assistance with VA educational Benefits:

Office of Veterans Affairs
Campus location: 215 Oregon Hall (second floor)
Mailing address: 5257 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5257
Telephone: (541) 346-3119
Fax: (541) 346-6682

First, apply for benefits in three easy steps

1. Complete a VA application.

VA benefit type

Use this VA application

Chapter 30, 33, 1606 and 1607

Form 22-1990

Chapter 35

Form 22-5490

Chapter 31

Eligibility/Application is determined by the Department of Veteran Affairs, Vocational Rehabilitation Office

 2. Locate your additional supporting document. 

VA benefit type

Include this supporting document

All types, except Chapter 1606

DD-214 Military Discharge Document — Copy Member 4

Chapter 1606

DD-2384 NOBE — Notice of Basic Eligibility

3. Submit your application and document directly to the VA using one of these methods.

online with VONAPP at (easy to do and fastest processing)

mail to Department of Veterans Affairs, PO Box 8888, Muskogee, OK 74402-8888

If you apply using VONAPP, you will receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA in four to eight weeks.

Next, apply to UO

You can apply as a freshman, transfer or graduate student.

ASU before receiving your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA.


If you have questions about applying to the UO or how the UO resources and the Veteran Services staff can help you succeed, please connect with Mary Earp, the Veterans Coordiantor at  541.346.3119.

« August October »
September 2019

Our Social Media: