Veterans and Family Student Association


UO Veteran Benefits Services

The UO Student Veteran Services, located in the Registrar’s office, will help with VA educational benefits, post 9/11 GI Bill, Vocational Rehab, Montgomery GI Bill and Housing allowances.  Call Mary Earp, certifying official at (541) 346-3201.

Student Veteran Center

The UO Veterans Center is a resource for students to connect with other student veterans, relax in the lounge space, use the computers or printing services, or seek assistance from the staff.  Stop by the center, located in McArthur Court on the Mezzanine Level to learn about the Dog Tags to Ducks Peer Mentorship Program or the Veteran and Family Student Association.

Student Support

The Financial Aid & Scholarship office can assist you with filling out your FAFSA, finding veteran and other student scholarships, or applying for financial aid.

The UO Teaching and Learning Center works with you to make your student experience successful.  They offer tutoring, writing assistance and workshops on study strategies.

If you have a disability, the UO Accessible Education Center will work with you to facilitate access and full inclusion into the university environment.  This may include testing accommodations and a confidential notification letter to your instructor.


The University Housing offers off campus housing options and housing for UO students with families.

The Off-Campus Housing website operated by the UO, includes university-owned & operated housing & private off-campus housing.  In addition, the site provides an opportunity to find roomates along with other housing resources. 

VA Eugene Behavioral Health Recovery and Reintegration Services (BHRRS) offers a housing information class every Mondays at 1 p.m. at 219 E. 7th Avenue.

Family Resources

The office of Nontraditional and Veteran Student Engagement and Success supports all veteran families at the University of Oregon campus. The office will help you with the challenges of being a student veteran with a family, including childcare assistance.  

Counseling & Psychological Services

There may be times when you may benefit from support or talking with a professional. There are many counseling resources available for student veterans both on and off campus.

The UO Counseling and Testing Center offers mental health services with individual and group therapy as well as a variety of workshops.

The UO Psychology Clinic specializes in the assessment and treatment of psychological disorders involving depression, anxiety, trauma, emotion regulation, and relationship distress. We offer both individual and couple therapy. The UO Psychology Clinic is the primary training site for doctoral students in the UO Clinical Psychology Program. Minimum fee is $10 per session for veterans.

The UO HEDCO Clinic/Center for Family Therapy offers individual and group therapy for relationship distress/conflict, family distress/conflict, depression, trauma healing, child behavior problems, eating disorders, stress and anxiety, grief/loss, issues related to medical illness, anger management, substance abuse, addiction/recovery, sexual concerns, and separation and divorce issues.  The clinic is staffed with graduate level interns. 

The Eugene Vet Center offers readjustment counseling services including PTSD, marriage counseling, study skills and group therapy.  The service is free to eligible veterans.  The privacy of veterans is respected by staff members.

The Eugene Behavioral Health Recovery and Reintegration Services (BHRRS) center, located at  211 E. 7th Ave., offers addiction therapy as well as individual and group therapy and services for PTSD, MST, and OAF/OEF.

VA Substance Abuse Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program


VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) offers a variety of primary, preventative and outpatient services during its normal operating hours (Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Located at 100 E. River Avenue, Eugene, (541) 607-0897

The Roseburg VA Medical Center offers a main hospital, specialty services along with an integrated health care system.  The campus is located at 913 NW Garden Valley Blvd. Roseburg, OR 97471, (800) 549-8387.


Military ID Cards (retired MIL/DEPN & 100% SC W/IU) weekdays 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Lane County Armed Forces Reserve Center, 162 Inf Regiment Readiness Center, 3106 Pierce Parkway, Springfield, OR 97477. 541-221-6473.

Lane County Concealed Handgun Licensing (CHL)

Veterans Services of Lane County

Lane County Veterans Assistance

Other VA Facilities

Student Veterans of America


« September November »
October 2019

Our Social Media: